It is possible to be misleading when the term product owner is used. It's not someone who owns the final product or the company that produces it. This term comes from Scrum, a scaling agile framework that builds and supports complex products.
What does Scrum mean for product owners? This means that the safe product holder creates customer stories that can be used by the development team. They are the voice of the customer.
Image Source: Google
Product owners are responsible for the product backlog, which includes a list and any changes to existing features. To ensure that a team achieves a specific product outcome. It covers everything that an agile team will do.
These responsibilities are part of the product owner's grooming role.
- Customers are listened to and their complaints turned into user stories. These stories can be used to create actionable items. These stories are prioritized and then arranged in a product backlog.
- Establishes production priorities and ensures that the development team is aware of what to concentrate on.
- To ensure that the entire development process follows the product roadmap, the product owner must be present at all meetings.
- They act as the link between the customer's development team and them. The product owner represents the voice of the customer.
- Provides constructive feedback about the ratified product roadmap. This communication link is between the product owner, product manager.
- Product managers are involved in the product's development and launch. The product owner has a more narrow focus on working with the developers.